This week I have been working on the dressform for Melissa, putting newspapers through the shredder and stuffing it with that. I first tried spray-in foam insulation, but that is a little messy and tricky, so in the future I will just stick with the newspaper. The trouble is that the spouse needs to clear all newspaper destruction first, since he saves clippings for various business reasons, so I have to wait until he says I can shred up this page or that. Today he has given me a whole stack of papers he is done with, so I may get the rest of the dressform stuffed.
I went to the thrift store to look for a standing lamp to use to hang the dressform from, and I found the perfect one, cast iron with four arched feet, but they wanted $20 for it, which was way too much. I think I am just going to hang the thing from that crummy Martha Stewart dress rack I got last year that would not stand up to the weight of dresses, defeating its purpose. It would be OK for the dressform though, which doesn't weigh that much.
Today the spouse is taking off from work to go to the ballgame, so I have to go drive him to the BART station now.