The next morning, just as I was waking up, I remembered the pounder and had a moment of panic - did the spouse lose the gasket thingy when he was doing the dishes? I got up and sure enough, the gasket thingy was nowhere to be seen. I found the handle and bottom part, then thought about what the spouse would have done. I looked over in the trash bin, and lucky me, there the gasket was, just starting to slip down into the depths of the trash. I rescued it and washed it up. Now the pounder is back in one piece and safe from the spouse.
I found some of the Indian gauze fabric I had intended to make into tops for the girls some years ago, so I cut out a Mexican Peasant blouse for Melissa and sewed it up. It really turned out very well. I have stepped up the rate at which fabric is leaving the house, and that can only be good. I want to start another top and do some more embroidery because I got a package of some new tear-away stabilizer I want to try out.
Still knitting on the never-ending February Lady Sweater, though I am on the sleeves now. I thought the sleeves would go faster but they are just plodding along just like the body.